Part-time, Los Angeles
LOTUS&ASH is a growing design, branding, and stationery business — and we’re looking to hire a studio assistant to collaborate on projects (on all fronts). We’re fueled by dreams — like those of entrepreneurs and young couples — and driven by a desire to consistently (and efficiently) produce quality work. We continue to push the bar higher with each consecutive project, collecting feedback and iterating our processes along the way.
We’d like your help. You’re creative, but organized. You’re a pragmatist, and artistic. You’re a team player and easy to work with. You’d like to see how a business is built from the ground up — are are interested in how to tie the perfect ribbon.
Based in Los Angeles, LOTUS&ASH consults with small businesses and startups that are radically changing industries from healthcare and retail to legal and manufacturing. We build identities and websites from the ground up for entrepreneurs in the hospitality, wedding, and design industries. When we get tired of looking at a screen, we get to work with our hands, creating bespoke paper experiences for corporate and social use.
What we’re looking for:
- Focus, with an eye for detail, and excellent project management skills (bonus if you have experience using Asana, Trello, etc.)
- Design-minded individuals with a passion for branding and stationery
- Proficient in Google Apps (Gmail and Google Drive, primarily) and practice proper email etiquette
- Willing to work remotely 10-15 hours/a week
- Able to work in-office at least one afternoon/evening a week
- You’re a paper person (you know if you are)
- Experience designing for print — especially preparing files for digital, offset, letterpress printing, and/or foil stamping
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop
- Illustration and/or calligraphy skills
- Photography skills and photo styling experience
- Insatiable curiosity for technology and new products
What you’ll be helping with:
- Critically involved in the Project Management of brand, wedding, and stationery projects
- Typesetting and design revisions
- Print production (printing and assembly)
- Administrative work (expenses, scheduling, fielding inquires)
- Social Media, Blog, and Website Content
Interested in learning more about starting a small business, stationery design, or branding for startups? Kindly fill out this short application and submit work samples/portfolio.